Last weeks race was great fun and well appriciated for the support series fan’s worldwide and with the broadcast going out through the official Formula One channels it is hoped more F1 fans took the time to watch the F2 action.
It was a competitive race as it would be in real life with Premaâ€™sÂ Arthur Leclerc, younger brother of Ferrari and 2017 F2 champion Charles, claiming both victories in both feature and sprint races from the virtual Bahrain circuit.
ValsecchiÂ became the GP2 Champion in 2012 before turning his hand to commentating for both Formula 1 and Formula 2 in Italy and often for the world feed as many fans may have seen post-Quali and Race interviews.
The grid for this weekend has a few changed to the entry list, withÂ Sebastian Montoya, son of ex-F1 cult hero Juan PabloÂ joining A. Leclerc in the Prema team.
Sophia Floersch is also making her debut racing for Campos, alongside Williams young driver and race winner Jack Aitken.
Formula 2 experience comes fromÂ Sean GelaelÂ who will link up with 2020 team DAMS, next to Formula E’sÂ Oliver Rowland.
Following on from his virtual victoryÂ event â€œWe. Race. On.â€Â last month as an official (but not technically official) substitute to the real F1 Bahrain Grand Prix. Guan Yu ZhouÂ returns to the E-Grid with 2020 team-mate Callum Ilott for the UNI-Virtuosi team.
Who do you think will take the Pole, R1 and R2 wins this week? Check out the starting grid as published by fiaformula2.com
F2/F3 – Round 2: Barcelona, Spain
- Carlin Jack Doohan & Norman Nato
- ART Grand Prix Davide Valsecchi & Theo Pourchaire
- DAMS Oliver Rowland & Sean Gelael
- UNI-Virtuosi Callum Ilott & Guanyu Zhou
- PREMA Racing Sebastian Montoya & Arthur Leclerc
- Charouz Racing System Louis DelÃ©traz & Juan Manuel Correa
- Campos Racing Sophia Floersch & Jack Aitken
- MP Motorsport Nobuharu Matsushita & Felipe Drugovich
- BWT HWA RACELAB Artem Markelov
- Trident Olli Caldwell Lirim Zendeli
*Image Credit:Â LAT Images / FIA F2 Championship